Friday, May 13, 2011

4 years and stronger



Being married has brought out the ugliest and best side of us. 4 years, we have gone through a fair share of highs and lows. Its amazing because from the time we got married, our lives have been in constant transition. There has been a major change going on every single year. Employment, baby, moving back Singapore, Kel going into full time ministry, and now studies. Flashback of the past 4 years, I remember fun times, endearing moments, forgiving, and reconciliation. I wouldn't say it was a bed of roses always when grindings of the daily routines take over. Considering how different we both are, we clash big time. When I am stressed up, I see every single hair on the floor, the unwashed cups, the magnified dust and mess. When he is stressed up, he takes a back seat, and disengages a little (sometimes more :)); And funnily, we normally get stressed at the same time, so you can imagine the tolerance that has to come on both ends.
4 years has been rewarding and I am so glad that God gave me a man whose love for me is unwavering. I saw how he has grown to give in and give up, how he humbled himself. I thank God for humbling me and moulding me, for teaching me to give thanks, hope and trust when things do not go my way. I thank God that we can look into each other's eyes and still be passionate for each other. For giving us a beautiful daughter to remind us that we ought to remain faithful to love each other for her sake too. We told each other when we had our date yesterday, that we will constantly remember to keep our excitement for each other strong and not forget how we love spending time together, and that nothing should rob that away. Not age, not the weighs in life, not anything.
I enter the 5th year of marriage with a prayer that I will walk stronger with the Lord, because it is only through Him that I can gain strength to love and wisdom. I enter in this new phase excited because God is doing so much more in Kel's life that I know I trust this man to lead the family to deeper love with our Lord.
Happy Anniversary my dear ... I love you ...

No comments: