Sunday, May 29, 2011

Under the weather

The little girl and I have been a little under the weather lately. She started having runny nose and last night conjunctivitis. Thank God we managed to find a PD available on Sunday and she's doing well, taking her long afternoon nap now. Considering that we felt like we were going to have a "bleak" sunday ahead when she refused to sleep because of her eye and all 3 of us were watching Hi-5 at 1.30am in the morning. She is back to this cheerful little lark and we are both very thankful about.
I have been having this chronic cough and a bad back. Terrible because it felt like it didn't warrant anymore sick days home but I cannot make proper conversations with anyone without coughing fits. And the bad back is just a pain. I've been on TCM after 3 courses of western meds, and none seems to be helping. Perhaps it's the rest I need.
The point of my entry is to remember this moment, of peace and quietness. Kel is off to Church, while the little girl is taking a nap. I've mopped the floor and cooked the dinner. I have a thousand one things I want to do, catch up on my work, perhaps do some painting, or sewing .... but instead I chose to slump on the amazing couch, with the air con on. I savor this quiet moment in prayer and I know, I can do with such moments more often.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

I know how you feel, sometimes we all need that little space to just catch our breath and prayer is like air to the soul.

Hope you guys are well from the various maladies, do take care!