Wednesday, June 9, 2010

19 months

Hey Baby,

You've turned 19 months more than a week ago. You've got to slow down because I am barely catching up!

I was back late last night and you waited for. As I was putting you to bed, you wanted to be cradled like a baby, just the way I used to cradle you when you were a little baby, only with your legs dangling out, and you weigh a tonne more! As I as cradling you, you were so happy that you kept giggling infectiously. I couldn't help it but to join in (though I was trying to keep a straight face so that you'd go to bed), and both of us giggled to our hearts' content, till you slowly drifted off to dreamland - almost, till you shuffled yourself back to your own bed and dozed off. It was such a priceless moment, to cradle you ... I remembered those experienced mummie telling me when you were young and I was only a "novice", to cherish your baby moments. In my sleep depravity, tired arms, unfinished housework, I could only manage a slight smile thinking they must have forgotten how it felt like to be caring for a young baby. But they are right, i needed to cherish more because you're growing up way too quickly now (such a cliche, I know) but I was right too, they have forgotten how hard, because I can't quite remember it now too.
I ought to cherish now, that you still enjoy me smothering over you, cradling you. Now you still look to me like I am a perfect angel (right, except the times when I was disciplining you). I Pray that I will not miss this window, to build this bond with you, that years down the road even when you're married with kids, you can still come back to my embrace where we can still giggle to our hearts' content.
Love,
Mummy


No comments: