Monday, June 21, 2010

The Man of our lives





This year's Fathers' Day happens to coincide with the husband's Big 3-0 birthday too. So my dearest husband, this post is especially for you.

So, you're officially a year older than me :) but I thank God, many a times you're wiser, more stable and great leader to me (although there are many instances that I deny that heh!)

Once upon a time, while I was dreaming of my perfect prince charming, I had in mind a man who will love God, love me and my family. A man whom I'd desire having kids with because I know he will love and sacrifice for the family. It was a dream, and I will not break the bubble here, because the dream is a reality!

Darling, you may be "weak" in many ways. You may not have the patience you (or I) desire to have daily. You may not have the skills all the time to love and to discipline. You may not be armed with a 100% aware system that captures every pee and poo, every cry and expectations from your women. But I love you for who you are, because you've chosen God, and chosen us every single time. No matter how tired, disappointed or how badly you wanted to be at the soccer field.

Thank you for listening to us and to our cries (literally, especially Janice's in the middle of the night. Actually mine often happens late in the night to!). Thank you for your wholehearted commitment to us. Thank you for always agreeing when people say you're blessed with 2 women in your life, in actual fact, we're more than blessed. Thank you for cuddling us tight no matter how many times we've pushed you away. Thank you for being the man of our lives, now and forever.

Happy Birthday and Happy Fathers' Day. We love you too .....

P.s. We're committed to bless you with our company in every world cup season, okay la... more than that .... :)

2 comments:

Kelvin Mok said...

wow! I feel like I can't live up to all that you have mentioned about me. But I still consider it a blessing to be able to be both a husband and daddy to you both!
you 2 make my boring days not so boring and my sad days really meaningful and bright!
I love you darling and Janice!
You both mean a world to me!

Room to Think said...

happy belated birthday and fathers' day mister mok!