Monday, March 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Janice was extremely pleased with the kitchen that daddy fixed up :)

Staying in the furthest western point of Singapore means that we are hardly home. Coming home is usually the very last destination we have and once back, we would hardly head out unless a need calls. As a result, we're never home much of recent. Since we both started work, week-days have been burnt comuting to and fro home, work, my mom's place. With the weekends, we're usually out or at Church. and most times, we're only home on Sunday evening. Yesterday was an exception and I felt so good about it that it deserves a blog entry.
After Church and cell, Kel and I headed to Jelita where Janice slept for 1.5 hours on the pram. It was such a God given time where Kel and I had a nice quiet sandwich at the cafe, watching the outside pour in rain. We hung out at the bookshop for a while till Janice awoke. We then headed towards a friend's place only to be informed that the gathering was cancelled. So we ended up home by mid afternoon, armed with a very happy and contented toddler. We were supposed sit down and catch something on DVD. But you see, I am always filled with bright ideas on the house, and before I knew it, I cleverly lured Kel to start fixing up the cardboard kitchen he have been wanting to build for Janice, set up the little table and chair and revamped the hall a little. I sorted out Janice's toys, books and packed them neatly in categories ready for toy rotation to take place (I like to keep some toys and rotate so that toys will look fresh and not all over the place). I cooked for Janice and the house was thoroughly cleaned thereafter. It was such a good feeling that after all that hard work, I was beaming. It was home sweet home, because I feel so so recharged being home for that half a day than I ever been for eons. Result of that? I am so looking forward to go home and see a nicely organised place :) * pictures of the cardboard kitchen can be found on FB. Well done too my dear husband, and thank you for giving in to your ever itchy backside wife who can never sit still :)

2 comments:

Estella said...

Your housework satisfaction is too familiar ;op

c.y said...

hahaa why is that familiar? you have that too????