Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Janice is 16 months (+)

My little munchkin, You're really less of a baby and more like a little girl now. You're expressive, full of cheeky things, and very playful. You often tickle us with your chuckles, your little dances, and playful acts. You warm us with your smiles, cuddles and kisses. My life have been tipped upside down since you came into my life 25 months (including pregnancy) ago. I remembered how elated i was on 17th Feb 08, the day I found out that we were expecting you. Since then it has been a big roller coaster ride for daddy and myself. We had our highs, how lows and excitments, but all in all, we're glad that you're in the picture. Though we're not money rich, we know we're rich because of the experiences we have with you and in God too.
You're a really expressive little girl. Very authoritative I must say :) Though you're limited in your speech, you somehow managed to direct people to sit where they should, what you want to eat/drink and what you want others to do for you. You're into this mode of making sure daddy drinks enough water and choosing who gets to sit next to you. You communicate mostly to us with single words or part of a word (e.g. Ter for water) and many many sign lanuguages which were mostly derived by you. Lately you would point to something you want to eat and put your finger into your mouth, sort of dangling out to tell us how badly you want to it that. Where did you learn that, I don't know.
I love it because there's always that sparkle in your eyes. You're curious and always seeking to try out something new. You've to put on earrings, clip your hair, put on make up, basically everything you observe me doing. Oh God, please give me wisdom so that I'd have a life worthy to be modelled by you.
Your sweetness melts our hearts everyday. You'd freely cuddle and kiss anyone who has been playing with you. Many of the relatives and mummy's friends have been blessed this CNY with your cuddles and kisses. Thank you for loving us everyday, and for making parenting so rewarding.
You're strong willed and many times very independent. It's been a learning curve for me teaching you and being firm with you when you demand something, especially things that is "way off". Many times, I need to be disciplined myself not to be a jelly fish parent but one who knows when to give and when to refrain. It's not easy sometimes to have a firm stance, and being able to separate anger and frustration from it.
God reminded me today to learn to really pray for you, something that I often forget to do. I used to but of recent, I've found myself just trying to keep up with things. I thank God for this timely reminder because besides praying with you daily, I need to commit your life to God because ultimately He is your creator and the best Father ever. He gives you wisdom and brings maturity. He protects and love, more than daddy or mummy ever can.
I hope to be able to teach you more constructively this month and I am looking forward to you starting Childcare too because of its structured programs offered. I pray that you'll enjoy yourself because I know you thrive being engaged in activities and playing with others.
I put up this picture to remind you how blessed you are to be surrounded by so many people who loves us. Coming back to Singapore has been one of the best decision and we are really thanking God for this season He has brought us. This picture speaks of how much you love your cousins especially, Grace. You've been so loved because Grace would often stand up for you, she will offer you her toys, she just adores you.
May you continue to grow and thrive. May you continue to experience God's love through us, and people around you. May you learn to love God and people around you too.
We love you precious, I am biased I know, but you're the sweetest thing ever :) - (oh daddy's very sweet too... hee...)
Love, Mummy

No comments: