Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Full Time

Since the birth of Janice, I have gotten many people asking if I was a full time mom. Regardless the number of days Janice goes to Childcare, or for that matter 10,20 years down the road when she starts getting her own life, I will always consider myself as a full time mom. The day I knew she's conceived, follow on the day she was born, God has placed upon my life one of the greatest responsiblity a person can have. A responsibility over a life, a person, a precious one. The intensity of what you could be doing as a mom could vary over years or season, the role remains. I am a mother, 24/7 round the clock. No one can ever imagine the magnitude of it till you step into it. I could never have emphatised with another parent no matter how often I baby sit another child. I've learnt to assume this role and accept that my life will no longer be the same. I start to realise why till this day my mom still ask what I ate for dinner and ask me to see a doctor when I clear my throat. It's a full time job and I've only just begun. Sometimes I think I've done a bad job, but I'll have a life time to learn and I will. (but will never be perfection). Being a mother reveals that I am weak and how HE is strong. It's really humbling, but I am really loving it.

No comments: