Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beginning of Mobility

The start of Janice's freedom, meant the end of Mommy's (aka me) freedom. I can no longer leave her playing without supervision. I started this morning trying real hard to "zone in". I was out of place, brain unactivated, sitting in the hall playing with Janice when she suddenly started moving forward in a pro manner. Though not the usual crawl, kind of a arms push and body slide along kind, it was fast. She could finally get to places she desired, and was she pleased! She started in the hall, and finally ended up outside the bathroom and back. That really helped startle me and brought be back to earth from my la la land. It was an overnight thing, nothing close led up to this. It almost seemed like she was practicing all night, but must be in her dreams and she kind of figured that out.
Left her at Child care, the teachers said she didnt perform her new stints, but once she got back home in the evening, it was freedom once again. This time she managed a half crawl that looked like she limping because she only used one leg to drag herself forward. Kind of bum shuffling.
I still haven't quite child proof the house. Hubby, you there?

No comments: