Monday, June 22, 2009

Janice's Baby Dedication 2009

Yesterday marked a very important day for Janice, as we; her parents decided to make that commitment to dedicate Janice to our Lord Jesus Christ. In doing that we have committed ourselves to raise her up in accordance to the Word of God with our best abilities and with the empowerment of God.
After the dedication, it caused me to think a little deeper as to how we as parents can help the development and naturing of our child in a Christ like manner. We are trying to serve God to our best abilities and still trying to make sure that we have time for Janice to teach her, nurture her, feed her, clothe her and mould her into who God has destined for her to be.
The big question for me is "WHERE IS THE BALANCE?" Frankly, i believe that the main question of my life. How to balance ministry, family and work. To me, work is of the least importance, but sadly it seems that it takes up most of my time within the week. It's then family and ministry. So it seems obvious that my life is totally out of balance.
The balancing act of life would be the most important lesson any parent can teach a child. But like we all know, our sheep, disciples or child would learn first from our life examples rather than what we sit them down to teach. So when my child sees me leaving the house every morning to fulfill the business of the world, she would surely grow up to think that working would naturally take up most of our time and be the highest priority in any one's life. But if she see me going about my Heavenly father's business, she would then realise that our priority in life would be to do the will of our God.
My prayer would be that God would shower upon us parents loads and loads of wisdom to be able to raise Janice that way He wants us to. And to love and care for her and still direct her to build her security upon Christ Himself.
Janice we love you.

No comments: