Friday, October 26, 2007

Rendevous

Ever since i read about Ailing's Nasi Padang in Batam, I started really craving for Rendang. I really miss this place in Rendevous hotel, Singapore. Its this place called Rendevous Hock Lock Kee . This place serves really sumptiouslicious Rendang. My fave is the Chicken Rendang, the Chilli Egg, Sambal Brinjal and Sambal Sotong. It used to be located in City Hall before it moved back to Hotel Rendevous along Bras Basah Road. Pa used to ta bao back for us packs of the food and we will be digging in at the comforts of home. Then when I grew up, I started introducing all my chilli lover friends Yetty and Xiaode to it and we love it. Even people like Jiajia and Vicky who used to only eat the non spicy stuffs got converted there. The Chicken Rendang sauce is those finger lick'in clean kind. We finish every single drop of it. The Brinjal, is smooth and the sambal is so frangrant. Such food makes plain rice taste exceptionally good and every single mouth-ful satisfying. I remembered once when I was back in Singapore for holidays, Pa and I went to order while Ma waited at the table. She was totally shocked to see the amount we ordered. And as usual, we finished every bit. Now my mind is racing madly how i can satisfy my Nasi Padang cravings. This place is a MUST TRY.

No comments: