Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Zoom in and out

Do you sometimes find it extremely hard to take account of your daily lives especially when the pace is running relatively fast and by the time the end of the day comes you are already looking into what is happening tomorrow? There are days upon coming home late and I find myself scurrying around, trying to get my next day sorted out, pack some lunch for the Kel and myself. And before i know it, i hit the sack and its tomorrow. It's only when i was browsing through different people's blogs that i begin to think what this blog is all about. What's the purpose of it, what should i pen down etc. It was meant to be a sort of journal for me, ok, now since we are sharing the blog as a family, for Kel and me. I say some sort of journal because we're definitely not those who will write down the details of what we have done through the day, neither are we people who has got many thoughts and opinions. We're normal people, who yeah have thoughts and opinions but many a times we talk and almost forgot about it. Meanwhile let this place be a place of spontaneous entries unless any of you readers have some sort of preferences, just leave us a note.
I try to look back each week of what has been done and achieved so that i can better take stock of what is ahead. I think something that was significant to me personally was the teaching i prepared and taught over life group last Friday. Though the lesson was not an extraordinary lesson, touching on God's holiness and us pursuing holiness, still it was one of those lessons, as i prepared, I could feel the holy spirit alongside, so that was great. There were things i have been wanting to touch on, areas like the way we lead our lives, areas where there is no absolute rights or wrongs. In fact many areas are not even close to being scripturally wrong. However, being stewards of our lives, we could lead a life that seeks to please Him more, proactively, and at the same time proactively growing, not just in life but spiritually too. To engage in activities that will not only be great fun but lead us to be more passionate for Him and His purposes too! Hey, no we can still have fun, just that we need to constantly remember to take stock of our lives, popping this question often, are we growing and having increasing passion for Him each day? Its an area I have been constantly challenged in. In the past, i have gone with such a mentality, i work hard for ministry and i will come to this one day that I switch off anything that is related to the things of God. I told God, just let me be, its MY day. I come to realise that God tugs in my heart and revealed to me His Big heart. Isn't He the air i breathe each day? Each day shouldnt be missed without Him in my life, and that includes His purposes too. I am learning, that in days of relaxation, I think of Him and His heart, learning to involve Him and say goodbye to private areas of my life. I was glad to have taken the lesson, and really its more blessed to give than to receive, because as i gave my time for preparation and teaching, He blessed me heaps more with insights too. What a steep learning curve to perfection!
Its going to be a long night tonight. Finished work and going to zoom home for a quick dinner of leftovers and zoom back to office for worship practice. Good thing for an effective Monday where i could cook more for the week (save up for days like this, busy but still have storage of food) and caught up on some housework, vacuum, mop, cook wash, all in 2 hrs. Not bad.
Alrighty, gonna zoom off. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/main/1666-ispancu-zapretili-igrat-za-sbornuyu-anglii.html ]Почему вы считаете, что женщина чтото должна мужчине? [/url]
20 лет родители поведали мне, что удочерили меня в возрасте 2 лет. Рассказали, в связи с тем, что я училась на дефектолога, и пошла на практику в дом ребёнка, из которого меня когда-то забрали родители. Ещё они сказали, что там до сих пор работает воспитатель, которая могла помочь моим родителям, и с коей они поддерживают связь. Женщина эта оказалась чудесным человеком, ей уже под 60 лет. мы с ней быстро сошлись, она могла помочь мне, подерживала. А неск. дней назад проговорилась, что у меня есть сестра. Она думала, что родители мне поведали. Причём она спросила "А жива ли надя?". После бесконечных расспросов, оказалось, что это моя сестра-близнец, её никто не удочерил, она так и осталась в дет.доме, до 17 лет, там уже начались трудности с наркотиками. Теперь я не знаю, что делать? Оставить всё как есть или же помочь ей как-то? и отчего родители взяли только меня и именно меня?