Sunday, October 30, 2011

God, this journey - it is all worth it

I got to know today that my dad testified at the healing meeting of how God has given him peace this season. He said that he was devastated when he first received news of my illness. But ever since he came to know the Lord, he experienced peace. I once doubted the existence of God. Even through the past 10 years of my spiritual journey, I could never imagined how it would be like to share the gospel to my parents and how they could come to know the Lord, being self sufficient and successful in their own rights. My dad has been such a pillar of strength. Just the other day when I was really discouraged due to a bad chest pain, he wrapped his hands round me and said (in chinese), the Holy Spirit living is alive and is living in me, He has the power to heal. The transformation work of the Holy Spirit is so evident, how could I ever have doubted and underestimate the power of His spirit?

Coincidentally today, I watched snippets of P40 (SJSM 40th Anniversary) DVD that consist testimonies of different ones in church and how they walked through their fair share of struggles in life and the goodness God has brought through them. All these could have sounded like such a cliche, but look at what God has already done: The salvation of my parents, the things He is dealing in my walk with Him, reshaping our focus as a family, planting us in a cell and spiritual family. All these would not have happened if our life wasn't suddenly brought to this "critical" point.

So my prayer is still of that unspeakable joy that will govern my heart and give me strength. On top of that is to take joy in His purpose, that the focus is no longer on the circumstances, but on Him alone. There will be such a delight in Him (Psalm 37:4), just like how He takes delight in me (Zephaniah 3:17). 

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. - Psalm 86:11

I pray for a courage and strength to say "God, this journey - it is all worth it"


No comments: