Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Motherhood does to you

We were at a marriage workshop last night and the speaker highlighted that breast-feeding causes the nursing mothers to be flooded with oxytocin. You know that kind of feeling that nothing matters in the world except the bond between the baby and the mother. Through the course of nursing Janice in the earlier months, I had too many cases of mastitis and the sleep depravity then, I couldn't remember much of those moments. But what motherhood does to mothers is that you just don't remember the pain. Pains of labour, pains in breast feeding, sleep depravity .... few years down the track, you look at the photos, you look into her eyes, and those pinchable cheeks, those "bring it on again" feeling actually comes back.
You at the photos, I think, man ... what have I done to deserve this???






Oh, but I do want to take back the sleep depravity part. That one, I still pray and wish that I could skip that phase. God, please make babies sleep like babies should be.


No comments: