Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On the point Obedience

There are many items on our list that we are deliberating with God. We know that moving back to Singapore was only the start of many things to come. Kel and I are made very differently. He will be the one to suggest a move, a change, something new, something to explore. I will be the "what about this, what about that? Have we considered this etc" With my minute vision and brain space, I take a while to comprehend what God can do or is doing. I often see from my perspective, weigh the opportunity cost, I do mental calculations, I relent and classified some decisions under the "tough choices" category.
Today God spoke to me through this passage of 1 Sam 15:22
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams" 1 Sam 15:22

So a note to self: It is not about how much I can give or let go. It is about the careful listening of His voice and obey with my entire being.
This makes perfect sense to me and I look forward to see how HIS plans intertwines in a perfect way. I don't have to get the picture all the time.

No comments: