Monday, June 7, 2010

A season completed and many more new ones to come

I was reminded of the song that was played as I walked down the aisle, many months back. It was a worship song that has spoken so much to me in the months leading up to the wedding. I remembered the time when I was hit with so much uncertainties that really paralysed me. I wasn't confident to be a wife, I wasn't confident of the decision to get married, I felt like a child, faced with a life stage that seemed way to big for me to handle. God reminded me that the marriage covenant is next in after the covenant I have with Jesus Christ. I felt excited but overwhelmed. Could I trust the then husband to be? Could I trust myself in this commitment? Could I allow him to take the lead and support and submit like a Proverbs 31 wife?
It was a season where God really worked a very critical area in my relationship with Him ~ Trust. To trust Him in every season, every step. That I can trust to keep the marriage vows, and trust in the man of my life, because of Him. It was such a breakthrough and the strength I received from His word is still empowering me daily to this date, in good and trying days alike.
Here I am oh God, I bring this sacrifice - My Open Heart
I Offer up my life, I look to you Lord, Your Love that never ends, Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord, In your strength will I breakthrough Lord
Touch me now, let your Love fall down on me,
And I will be Complete in You.
Here I am oh God, I bring this sacrifice - My Open Heart
I Offer up my life, I look to you Lord, Your Love that never ends, Restores me again
So I lift my eyes to you Lord, And by faith I will walk on Lord
Then I'll see, beyond my calvary one day,
And I will be be Complete in ...
So I lift my eyes to you Lord, In your strength will I breakthrough Lord,
Touch me now, let your Love fall down on me,
I know your Love dispels all my fears
Through the storm I will hold on Lord,
And I pray, I will hold on Lord.
Then I'll see, beyond my calvary one day
And I will be Complete in You.
"Complete" - Parachute Band
As I reflect upon the lyrics, I was reminded of my position and who I am in Christ. I am terribly thankful for the seasons He has brought me through since then. To be thankful and confident of where I am this moment, to know that I am where I am meant to be and to have married the man He has for me. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: