Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Plans vs God's Plans

Isn't it always a struggle when it comes down to that point in life where you are left asking yourself "Is this God's plans for me or am I trying to force my own life's tracks out?" Having blown out candles on a birthday cake at least 28 times, (considering the fact that when I was 1 year old, my parents would have blown the candles for me.) I had to ask myself and God this question.
The times when I wanted to come overseas to Australia to study, was that part of God's plans for me? When I wanted to stay on in Australia to further my studies, was that part of God's plans for me? When I wanted to get attached, get engaged, get married, planned to have Janice, get a job and rise up in leadership. Were all these part of God's divine plans for me?
After making all those decisions, it seems obvious that God does have a wonderful plan for me; for that matter, for each and everyone of us. But in His loving nature, God did not force His plans upon my life, but gently speaks and encourages me to walk in His ways.
No doubt, there have been wrong choices I have made in life, many in fact. But still in God's grace, He has provided some sparing allowances for those human errors and carnal desires. Little bit at a time, God is using both the right and wrong choices to lead me towards His ultimate plan for my life. I can't wait to find out what that plan is, but I know for sure that God has set alight a flame and desire within me to burn for Him as much as I can. He has also laid a strong burden within to reach the youths to mould and train them into the leaders of the next generation. Whether they are the youths of this Aussie nation or even the youths back in Homeland Singapore, I am not sure. But where I am now, I must make full use of the opportunities that God has given.
As God speaks more along the way, may God grant me the courage, confidence and perseverance to follow His plans no matter where I am. May God's plans be my plans as well, may my heartbeat, beat God's heartbeat.

No comments: