Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fear of men or fear of God?

Do I fear men more than I fear God? Have I done the things I am doing because it pleases men or because I know that it pleases God?
When I was prayed over today, the message that God spoke was about that fear that I have in my life, not being able to proceed on with God because of the fear that I have. I used to have such a 'we can do anything with Christ' attitude in the past as a student leader. But now as I have progressed into a different phase of life; married, working and being a Dad, I have that fear within me that the youths that I am ministering to might not be able to learn as much as they want to from me. And at times, that might have caused me to 'dilute' the message so that it might still be pleasing to the ears of people.
But in doing that, I am not helping them to grow spiritually; not helping them to set a higher standard in their Christian walk. I should have said things like 'Church conference will help you grow more if you would make that decision to come and allow God to speak to you' or 'You know this relationship is not something would be pleasing in the eyes of God right now, why do you still want to go ahead with it?' or 'Choose for yourselves this day who you want to serve; God or yourself.
I must remind myself that I hold the responsibility of raising a younger generation of Christ followers who would lead and rock this planet for Christ. And NO ONE is ever too young for God to touch and use!!!!! Please if you are reading this, remind me along the way if you feel that I have forgotten this fact.
There are plans and ideas of having life group nearer to IES, starting a youth service on Sunday and starting shepherding at 530am in the mornings. There is fear rising up within me as I even think about these ideas. Will it eventually happen? What will my leaders think, will my people follow me, will I give up half way? I am praying that these are ideas and inspired by God. And that I am responding because of my obedience towards God. May God give me the strength and perseverance to pray and seek His face until these all come to pass!

No comments: