Monday, March 23, 2009

Back @ Work

I can't believe I am sitting at my desk in the office right now. After 5 over months, same desk, same cold gusty wind from the air con blowing straight over my head (often giving me a headache), datelines, emails ... It seems so normal though I think I need a couple of days to settle in and get back to the grooves. Still figuring out priorities of the tasks ahead and get organised a little. Everything seems pretty much familiar otherwise, oh except for a an added new task in between jobs - Milk Express! I tried to pack Janice's child care bag, and my work bag last night. So many things to pack, from change of clothes for her to bottles, and for me milk pump, extra bottles, ice packs etc etc. on top of the usual lap top and all. It was a feat just getting out of the house this morning "sweat free" and alive!
Janice is getting used to the Child care a lot more, drinks and naps better. But she seems to start recognising, though I initially thought she was too young to really know. But she cried this morning when I handed her to the teacher, and when I went back to peep through the window after 15 mins, she saw me and let out her cute little chuckle. Twice! I think I almost left my heart at the child care centre.

No comments: