Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Being a Mother

As I think back, I once again salute my mom. I remembered how her day used to be filled with activities for us (my 2 bros plus me), cooking, household chores (never-ending) and when everyone is unwinding in front of the TV after dinner, the ironing board is squeking as she irons our clothes. She is the first person I see in the morning, always ready with breakfast, and when we're all in bed, she is still packing up the house so that the next day will always be spic and span.

Here I am, groaning at the lack of sleep, and that my day (as in time for housework, ministry, etc) only starts after 9pm. Janice has been really good before and throughout our sleep. She used to be fed, contented and falls asleep on her own. But since she got back, nights have been quite a battle and her naps are also hap-hazzard.

I never thought much of what my mom has done except being tremendously grateful. But as I enter motherhood, I realised how much she has sacrificed her life for her kids. Thinking these help me put things into proper perspective, but I realised too that this pair of shoes is huge to fill!

Sometimes I still can't quite believe I am already a mother of a lovely daughter.

No comments: