Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Missing Popo





We're definitely missing Popo here.The Cheery little one smiles (and even laughs) the most when Popo talks and sings to her. She is definitely feeling bored with just "me" the whole day :( and definitely she has to be crying more since I've only got one pair of hands, and there will be times I am slower to attend to her needs. I miss my mom heaps for sure. She's more than a mom to me, more like a friend, a companion and my mom who never fails to mother us (sometimes a bit too much! We're too well looked after that I am feeling it now that she has gone back to Singapore). She makes me wonder if I could ever be as good a mom as she is. I cried thinking how I would be like, one day also needing to help Janice out in her confinement! Haha I know I am getting a little far here, but I can't help it. Will I be able to sacrifice as she did? My mom besides helping in looking after Janice, looked up recipes so that she can cook the best confinement food for me, I have soup almost every meal, soup even when I wake up in the middle of the night to feed. She cleaned every inch of the house and even had time to talk to me and made sure I was alright. It's a bit strange after 9 years being independent and living out but I can't help but really enjoy her presence around daily, such a good 3 months together. (except that my poor dad was alone in Singapore without his wife) I look at my daughter and think how my mom managed to build that bond so strong with me and pray that I could give that sort of love I have received and still receiving.


No comments: