Thursday, October 16, 2008

38 weeks - Still here!




I still can't believe sometimes I've come this far. 40 weeks pregnancy (out of a 52 weeks year) is a pretty long time. Almost the whole of 2008 is spent being pregnant! I've started my maternity leave since Monday (ok I went to work yesterday and finally managed to tie down most stuffs) and it's now the end of Thursday. Today's the first time I've spent the entire day at home since I got pregnant I think, though for more than half a day, I was babysitting Elise. Monday and Tuesday was spent at the hospital (check up) and shopping which was tremendously tiring for someone who can't walk faster than a snail. I remembered that I used to chase after my mom when I was young because she walks so fast, which accounts for my usual walking speed, and now the cycle begins again, I am chasing after her again, just that this time I waddle more than I walk.


It's hard not to get impatient to give birth since close to every inch of my body hurts. Every little symptom of labour excites me but till now, nothing was close enough to say that I am nearing labour. Besides the baby's head being almost fully engaged. Pregnancy has really brought the good and bad side of me, good is that I am learning to trust God, stop and wait upon Him especially when I worry. I've also learnt to appreciate my dear husband who has been so sweet to accomodate me, to pamper me especially over the last few weeks. Well bad side of me has been reflected, times of discomfort and tiredness showed to me my level of tolerance and patience dropping to negative. I let my frustration run and the countless outburst of random tears and complaints.


So for now, I am trying to reflect and also remain calm. Trust God for His timing and Trust the experience mothers around that I'll know it when labour comes.




No comments: