Monday, September 1, 2008

The start of my week


I am stucked working from home today. After the usual dramatic motion of getting out of bed this morning, my right leg broke into a massive cramp. No one's around as Kel has gone off to work earlier and thus it was just me hobbling and wobbling out of bed. Tried stretching and walking around a little, but still the cramps came each time I rest any weight on it. It is also not funny for a pregnant whale like me to start hopping with one foot. It was quite funny (ok not quite) but I was literally laughing and almost crying each time the cramps came. Tried a hot shower, praying desperately I won't slip and fall, thank God I didn't. But still I wasn't confident to hobble down the stairs and step on the accelerator (on my right foot) to work. So I've asked to work from home today. At least the hilarious movements of hobbling and almost crawling on all fours is kept within the confines of home.

Since I am home working, and with many diet constraints due to G.D., and also needing to top up my iron level, I made myself a healthy lunch, so that's the picture of it ... Pan fried lean steak, cut into strips and tossed with chick peas, baby cos lettuce, grape tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Hard to be really creative at this point, but I am actually really enjoying this lunch (Still munching on it).

No comments: