Friday, September 19, 2008

Spaghetti brain at work

The counter says 34 weeks+, so its just 5 over weeks till the expected due date. I am slowly losing count of the weeks, and sometimes wonder if I was 33 or 35 weeks, somehow, the brain just seems a little muddled. Its either because of a pregnanted brain or I can't count till 40 properly. Many people have commented including my mom that Janice might be out earlier, many whom judged it by the "look" of it, and also past history of how all 3 of us (as in me and my sibs) were all born early. I think I was about 30 over days earlier than expected. So, we shall see, though I can't imagine how labor is going to be like. I just feel super pregnant now, heavy and clumsy :) No braxton hicks, nothing. So, I think I'll just trust Him for His perfect timing and anticipate some surprises round the corner. I am not so good at surprises, as in, if given a choice, I would love to know the exact date, haha that's me. But this is good, somehow teaching me in focusing on Him rather than on the birth itself. Anyway, seems to us that Jan is still having a jolly great time inside, stretching, kicking, jutting up her little bum etc. And oh, something in the Babycenter newsletter amused me, apparently the little one at this point is fully developed in her hearing and responds well to high pitch voices. I wonder why she loves it when her daddy talks to her! :) - I'll leave this for you to guess haha
My mom has been around for the past week. Can't express how good it is to come home to home-cooked food. I even go back home for lunch during my lunch break! I don't have to wake up in the morning thinking what to cook + pack for breakie, snacks and lunch, and what to defrost for dinner. Such a blessing! So this week has been a bliss in this aspect, but somehow I am feeling so "lack" in times of reflection and thinking with God. The preparation towards some changes in ministry, and also trying to tie down as much as I can at work leaves me waking up and going to sleep thinking about them. I really need to hear from Him more and as I worshipped Him yesterday, to appreciate more of His beauty. I can learn all about the breathing and relaxation techniques in birthing but as I was practicing in the class, the Holy spirit spoke that nothing will be better than being able to rest and be assured in His beautiful presence.
Meanwhile (I'll still be working for a couple more weeks) for the next few weeks, I hope to accomplish the following:
  • Spend quality time with Jesus
  • Finish packing + cleaning Janice's stuffs plus pack my hospital bag (I know I should have done so already)
  • Catch up with a few more people from the life group and my sheep
  • Spend some quality time with my mom and my dearie husband
  • Wrap up things at work (that's a whole list of items on its own!)
I realise I am horrid at titles, also because I am such a woman, spaghetti brained (You know how women are like spaghetti and men like waffles?) So whenever I blog, I end up ranting on and would have multiple topics within a post. Which is also the reason why I blog, because it helps me to see things in a different light. Oh yes, I will try to put up pictures soon. I know some of you from overseas are starting to wonder how I look now :)
..... you see what I mean about multiple topics? oh well.

No comments: