Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thoughts of the last lap

10 weeks to go ....
I have just spent the morning replying and sending out emails. I have flagged so many items on my inbox so that i will remember to look at them that i started i have overlooked so many other emails as well. This is what happens when you've just been through sick leave and public holidays. The throat is still hurting like crazy and coughing at night for a big pregnant belly means aching rib cage and totally disturbed sleep. A great training for sure.
Though a great weekend from the getaway, this week has been a whirlwind with the sickness and finding out a not too good blood test result which I will have to head in for further tests. Please pray for us that everything will turn out fine, especially for the little one! But all this jolted to me the need to be more watchful and disciplined in both my diet and exercise. Past 2 months have just been eating out/taking away alot. My used to be cooking almost everyday after work have been rather slackened to probably cooking once a week and having dinners out most of the time. Even if i cook, it's been just a "get-by" mentality and i think taste of food cooked have been just bleugh ... Swollen feet is an indication of lack of proper structured exercise time and rest. A note to self is to cook more (simple and healthy food) and squeeze in some structured exercise regime. I need the same kind of motivation as I would need to develop spiritual disciplines!
The last lap now, I am almost entering into my 30th Week pregnancy. The well-being of the little one almost is determined by me, my diet, my lifestyle (its been so right from the start). The responsibility that suddenly weighed so much. I felt so overwhelmed and the guilt of not 'trying my best' was so overwhelming as well. When I heard about the blood test, i wished i could have rewound the clock back some weeks rather be those extra cautious mom to be, watching the diet, exercising, rest etc. Thank God that He is still putting me back to His perspective. I got to learn to lean on Him more and not blow things out of proportion. Thank God too for a supportive husband who is unceasingly encouraging me despite His own worries too. He revealed yesterday that this whole pregnancy has been quite frightening and a learning curve for him too by taking up the support role. I can imagine how helpless he must have felt when I am in my panic modes or when I was just throwing up everything I took.
HIS Grace is more than sufficient for US. It is such grace where I can know that in OUR weakness, WE can say we're strong.

No comments: