Monday, August 4, 2008

The need to encounter and be empowered

It's gonna be a packed week and possibly weeks ahead. This week will be filled with preparation for the weekend Unit getaway, so there will be a few sessions of teaching that I will need to prepare. And also the Sub D prayer tomorrow and a couple of shepherding sessions. Oh this week we'll also be commencing a 6 weeks long antenatal classes at the hospital, plus I will be due for a check up at the hospital this week too. I was just pondering in bed in the wee hours when I couldn't really get to sleep how much the need to daily encounter God and be empowered by Him. It will be so easy to hide behind physical circumstances and busyness and each day just passes us by. It was the mental note to self that I need to really get into the presence of God each day, and find Him in that secret place; not to rely on my own strength but be empowered by Him!

No comments: