Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week 23

It's been a fascinating time for both of us to look at our little one's movement every single night before we knock out. It looks as though we are staring into some crystal ball (except that it's my growing belly) waiting for some nudges and twitches. My tummy looks interesting and strange suddenly as if someone was poking a stick from the inside. Many times even when I am working, i can see from the corner of my eye my blouse or my scarf suddenly "moving", and sometimes I get a shock as if someone really did nudge me from outside only to discover that it's the little one having a ball of her time (I think ... unless she is protesting about something).
Nevertheless, we are definitely enjoying this time of bonding, especially for Kel who has been trying so hard (and patiently) trying to wait for movements and responses. We have been praying that God will help us to really bond through this time and He answered the prayers within a few days! There was one night when Kel got a little impatient (and cheeky) waiting and decided to do what he termed as creating an earthquake by shaking my belly and tickling me. Baby actually responded by kicking immediately! From then on, it doesn't take long for Kel to spot and feel her every little movement.

No comments: