Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Go" Prepare

In the midst of QT and preparation for the Advance this weekend, i found myself strucked by such a simple statement:
"You were looking for some big thing to give up, while God is telling you of some tiny thing that must go. But behind that tiny thing lies the stronghold of obstinacy, and you say, "I will not give up my right to myself"— the very thing that God intends you to give up if you are to be a disciple of Jesus Christ."
How many times have I asked God to reveal His ways to me, micro steps in ministry decisions and macro steps in life related to calling and directions. These past few weeks were likewise. But i gathered of my times of obstinacy, how slight and insignificant it could be, once laid down made pursuing of His will much more desirable and joyous. I reckon, that one top robber of joy and fulfilment in pursuing after His calling is our accumulation many slight "obstinacy". Attitudes, perspectives, emotional baggages, habits etc. Beware before it piles up.
For those who will be coming for the JG advance this weekend, "GO" prepare yourselves well, allow the Holy Spirit to search through your hearts, "GO" with expectations and see yourself stepping out, as an individual and as a Church. "GO" determined in your heart, that nothing of your mindsets and situations can stop Him from working in you and You responding to Him.

No comments: