Monday, August 20, 2007

The Week that gone by

What a week it has been. I think it's all at one go. The day I took on the kiddos, was also the day my throat and body started to sore. It finally progressed on to fever and flu and i think its just added up with many things on my mind. Baby-sitting arrangements with the rest of the "PDD" Care taking crew, Sending and picking kids up from school and also the getaway that was over the weekend. I remembered i was literally groggily preparing the lessons in the midst of the sneezes and nose that kept running away. I think it was almost like a physical and spiritual battle i was trying to fight all at one go, desperate for God to really lift up my burdens and spirit and in return an enthusiastic heart that will go for Him.
All in all, i am just glad the weekend was over. Glad that the J1 getaway went well (Thanks Sharon, you've been great!) There was the presence of God, and the presence of great and fun people.
Sunday i would say was well spent. Despite the 'weakness of flesh' on a Sunday morning (haha seriously, when i got home to get change for the service on Sunday morning, i did feel a tinge of temptation to remain stuck on my sofa). Despite my tiredness (haha not to mention hunger) God was really speaking throughout the day from JG mUster to the service. How could i ever want to trade such a day with something else?
All in all, God was just great. Really, such times knocks in the conviction that i ought to live my life and serve Him through His grace! I have also been truely blessed that i have a husband who took the bulk of all the bustling activities over the week, sending/picking the kids, cooking for me when i am sick, driving me to the docs, all these on top of the many things he was preparing too! This morning marks the ultimate, I got to stay home first while He got up earlier to send the kids to school, only to have met with some hiccups that ended up with him driving around Brisbane for the next 3 hrs! Thank God for His tremendous blessing to me - Hub, you deserve a massage from me tonight
As i ask Kel as he entered in after driving around in the rain for the past almost 3 hrs, So... 3 kids? Guess his reply? "hmm.. i don't wanna think about it now, maybe one is enough ... " I take my hat off to the mothers. Really with kids, your life is never the same.

No comments: