Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014

Very quickly, 2013 has come and gone. Looking back at 2013, I can really see that God's gracious hand has been holding and carrying J and myself gently through the year. There were so many provisions that He provided from family and friends that He provided me with, the 6 months contract at Mediacorp which He divinely provided through a friend and also a school for J at the beginning of 2013 (which she really loves to attend). In fact, the list is way longer then just the few blessings mentioned, but instead of boring you with the details, my main point is to tell you that God is good and His mercy endures forever! 

In 2013, I was given the opportunity to write a letter to Janice titled 'To My Daughter' to tell her about how her mother was a woman of tenacity and how difficult it was for me to explain to her what happened to her mummy and also to communicate the hope we can have in Christ through the 'Celebrate Christmas in Singapore magazine 2013' on Pg 28-30.

And later in the year, I was again given the chance to be part of a interview for the Marina Bay Countdown 2013. Inside the short video, I shared about my situation, struggles and also the joys of my life.

I am thankful for these opportunities, not just because I can share about Yen's strength, but more for the times that I had to sit and reflect through the hard questions and try to answer them in both the letter and the video interview. And through these reflections, I learned more about myself and also started to be thankful for my situations rather than be resentful. That's because being resentful does not change the situation that I am in and it makes life a lot harder for J, the people around me and also for myself. But with a thankful heart, I learn to appreciate the little and big things in life that I can presently enjoy and that the future is more important than the past. 

So for me, I have chosen to learn and grow from my past experiences and embrace and enjoy what the future would bring. I am looking forward to 2014 and I hope you are too!

May you all have a Blessed 2014 and continue to count our blessings and start sharing those blessing with those who are less fortune than ourselves! 

"For GREAT is the LORD and most worthy of Praise; HE is to be feared above all gods".
 1 Chronicles 16:25