Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From L-R: Vic, Me, JJ, Lucia, XD, Lynn


From L-R: Vic, Me, JJ, Lucia, XD, Lynn

We had an awesome weekend of celebrations. Our 5th wedding anniversary fell on Saturday, 12 May and it was also Mothers' Day yesterday. Before I blog about the wonderful husband I have and my thoughts about the 5th Year, I thought I will write about a group of very important people in my life.

I am very blessed to have met these group of girlfriends in SAJC (2 more girls missing: Yetty and Lilin). Ok, Lynn was kind of a special friend out of the group (one of my ang moh speaking friends - haha) and the rest of 7 of us kind of hung out almost everyday. Anyway before I go on about our history, I want to say a big thank you to you girls in the pic. I booked the venue for my anniversary party, sent out invites via FB but the mastermind behind the touching and fun party were them. Vic took up the role as the event organizer (once a bridesmaid, always a bridesmaid) and she did her delegation: slideshow, games, decor, photo booth, sharing etc. I did nothing and just dressed up and rock up to the party. Even the dress was chosen by Vic and the make up half done by JJ. Thank you, it was exactly how I'd love the party to be and I know you girls made it possible because you love me (us - esp Janice)

I realized I seldom make much mention of my friends on FB/Blog. But you girls have been pivotal in so many junctures of my life. I remembered being reluctant to be in SAJC, Arts faculty, but 2 years there turned out to be one of the best years of my life, mainly because of the friends I made. I can't believe we have grown up together for the past XX years and walked each other through different phases of life. I remembered Vic once shared in my wedding that majority of our friendship was spent long distant (with me spending 11 years in Brisbane) but I can't express how glad to be back in Singapore enjoying the friendship in closer proximity. I thank God for no barriers even after more than a decade being away and I look forward to every single meet up and catch up.

Thank you for taking the effort to visit me and encourage me through this time (plus traveling!). It must have been shocking/hard for you to hear the news when I fell sick and I think we all had some form paradigm shift about life. One of the things I thought about was for Janice to be able to spend as much time with you girls because that's where she's also going to get a dose of who mummy's friends are and how mummy is like. So thank you for loving me, for loving Janice and for the smiles and encouragements you have given to me. You girls are the "bestest" friends anyone could have. I love you!

p.s. Lilin and Yetty, I'm still waiting for two of you to be back!!! :)

No comments: