Saturday, September 4, 2010

Staying Home

With Janice still recovering from Influenza, I've been home a lot. Working off my laptop, spending some really good time with the little princess. It's actually very nice, and I am starting to get the hang of the ad hoc hours that I can grab while she's napping. Sometimes, squeezing some flow charts out whilst she gets herself entertained by the I-Phone.
The funny thing I realized, ideas are coming, some work actually gets done. I am really enjoying it, except that it is baking hot in my mom's place. With the split multiple levels, it's hard to be at the kitchen, watching her play, catch some emails all at one time. I can't wait to move into our new place. I so love smaller apartments (flats) where multiple activities can take place at one glance. Please God, let October come soon please!
I thank God for some flexibility at my work place, who puts priority in family, and strongly propagate a trust culture. So I do get some glimpse of working from home and I certainly look forward to a new job arrangement when I do move into our own little nest, so stay tune!

2 comments:

Room to Think said...

sounds great! can't wait to see your new place too! heh. still waiting to hear from Cheh about the writing stuff.

judith said...

Can't wait til you move ( and I get your cot) JUST KIDDING. Hope you and Little J are feeling better. Glad that you're not feeling frustrated about only getting to work at certain pockets of time. Drove me nuts at first - especially when M memorably REMOVED some of the keys from the already half-dead dell laptop.