Sunday, May 9, 2010

18 Months old Janice


Dear Janice,
This is you, taken in Hong Kong a couple of days after you've turned 18 months. Each time I find clothes that you've outgrown, I just can't help feeling nostalgic. It seems like yesterday, but yet memories of your little'ness seem some what vague too. There has been just so much to absorb since the day you came into our life, and everyday and the talking point at the end of each day has always been what you've learnt/grown that very day.
Though there has been so much changes and so many phases in just this short 18 months, there are many things that hasn't changed.
Stuffs like how much I love the smell of you hair, how I love to smother you with kisses and hugs, how you melt my heart each time you break into lovely smiles, how I love to fiddle and hold you little fingers.
I wonder when I will live beyond the Parenting 101. I thank God each day that you're still thriving and often wonder why God would entrust someone so precious into our hands. How to discipline, how to love, how to nurture, what to do, what to feed, what to say? such questions are almost perpetual. 18 months, I've loved, smothered, encouraged, praised, scolded, threathened, yelled at you. I've felt guilty, overwhelmed, frustrated and angry. But above all, I've felt blessed, sometimes so overwhelmed (in a good way) that I can almost melt into a blob of jelly, and very privilege to have this opportunity to be called a mom.
Thank you love, the way you've grown each day reminds me daily that God is faithful and always at work. When dusk fall and when all is silent and peaceful, I would hear a small still voice saying "I'm in control".
This 18 months have been an amazing journey.Look at you! How much you've grown!
I love you precious, May you continue to have this larger than life attitude and pursue God to the fullest.
Love, Mummy

2 comments:

Room to Think said...

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY! May you be even more blessed to be a blessing through motherhood. she's so chubby and adorable! ah, just wanna squish her!

Daphne said...

sooooo cute! she's so chubby.

Happy belated mother's day!! Suddenly thought about you when we went to Sentosa a few days ago. I hope you're keeping fine.