Friday, October 2, 2009

Janice @ 11months



My little girl,
You'll be turning 1 in 28 days time. I don't think you know that! but mommy and daddy are so excited about it, this 1 year of parenting has taught us so much, nothing within the boundaries of classrooms could ever have done. Thank you for this journey.
You've kept mummy really busy this month. I've resigned so that I could look after you more and I haven't regretted my decision. You've grown so much and I am just so glad I could be doing it with you. Your funny antics like choosing your biscuits, pointing to random things and replying me random stuffs throughout the day crack me up all the time.
You're also a very independent player and could be engaged by some of your stacking toys long periods of time. You've also amazed daddy and I by how much you understand some of our instructions. Just the other day, I told you to pack your toys back into the toy box and you actually did it. So I suspect you understand more than what I know you do, just that you have selective response sometimes, well we all do, you know, selective hearing? Make sure that we all learn not to be selective when we respond to God's word.
One thing too, not that it's something new to me, is that you have a really strong character. Thus on some days, I am totally restraining myself from shouting at you. Sorry that I did sometimes. In those situations, God really reminded me of His grace, at the same time the need to learn to teach and discipline you in gentle ways. We bought the Dr James Dobson DVD on parenting, so pray that God will reallly speak into daddy and my life and teach us ways that we can teach you well. We're really more than amateurs here, so bear with us, for the rest of your life :) We'll get there.
Thank you for being a little affectionate kid. You've showered me with more cuddles and kisses everyday than I deserve, your unconditional desire to have me by your side reminds me to be the same towards our heavenly father. Nothing could distract you from knowing my presence and desiring me to pick you up for a cuddle, not even your favorite toys. You could be totally engrossed in your little games with daddy, or your toys, but once I walk past, you've never failed to flash me your smiles and raising up your arms, awaiting a cuddle from me.
I love you to bits, you've brought so much more joy and depths to our lives and to our marriage and to our relationship with God too.
Love,
Mummy.
p.s. I've uploaded photos of Janice into facebook. drop me an email if you're not our FB and would like to be our "friend" :)

No comments: