Friday, September 18, 2009

What we've been up to

I realised (a while ago) that I haven't quite updated the blog for a while. Facebook has been too easy. So I have been pretty much stuck there whenever I have time on the lappy. For many who don't know yet, I have also resigned from work and will be looking after Janice full time for a season. A SAHM. wow.
I am still finishing up at work, so I still work once a week and here and there from home. That also explains for the lack of entries because on days when I can sit in front of the lappy for longer stretches, I will be trying to get something done.
Janice has quite a couple of allergies, so her diet is more restricted than many other babies her age, so I decided to look after her full time so that I can monitor a bit more to prevent eczema flare ups etc. I realise too that she's been growing so much and soaking up everything like a little sponge, so to be able to be with her and teach her is a big bonus. As with finances and future plans, deserves another entry in itself. God's been so good, His provision, affirmation really helped me to feel at peace in making these steps.
It's been rewarding so far, Janice seems to be really enjoying being at home more. I think we're doing much better because all the rushing to childcare and to work have been minimised. I have more brain capacity to be able to think, plan and also meet up with people. She's been growing so much, imitating me and building her motor skills.
But being a SAHM is physically tiring! I think I am more tired at the end of the day and each day just whizz by because of the intensity sometimes. As I am typing now, Janice is sucking and chewing on my knee cap... ??!!
I am enjoying this phase very much though. Watching her grow and do new stuffs. The satisfaction of being able to complete a piece of work while being able to play with her and talk to her. The serenity on some days when I could be watching her play and I would be praying and reading the bible at the same time.
Thank you Lord for this opportunity.

2 comments:

Estella said...

Heeeee... Welcome to the club of bad hair days and pajamas as uniforms!

c.y said...

can I add in the "bad breath" aspect as well?? hehehe