Monday, July 27, 2009

my 4 AMs

Most people would be in deep sleep at 4am. Cold, dark, almost silence all around. But what have I been doing at 4am for the past many nights?
Janice's been having a 3.30-4am wake recently. The problem with this is that she wakes up almost wide awake and wants to play! It's not very fun to play at that time of the morning and I was (am) completely zombified. She would relentlessly cry if I left her in my cot, 5 mins, 10 mins. I will soothe her, leave the room, sit outside and pray, read the bible, and sulk, wondering when my "last straw" will come. She will eventually only sleep after about 1.5 hrs, in which I would think she will wake up later. But no, she will still wake up at 6am. So from 3.30 till 6am, i would have slept for about ... go figure.
Sigh, how to break this cycle? Anyone any ideas?

1 comment:

Estella said...

It's a tedious process and it's like a cycle they go through. They pas that phase but sometime it comes back again. Think it's part and parcel of being a mum - getting eyebags. Invest in a good concealer ;)