Monday, June 1, 2009

Turned Seven Months


My little Darling,
You've turned seven months 2 days ago, and this time, we spent it in Sydney. We had great food and cupcakes on your behalf, and promised you that you'll be enjoying great food with mummy and daddy soon. We believe that you could have somehow inherited some food loving genes from us, but whatever it is, I am sure you'll be influenced in time to come :)
At seven months, I've noticed how focused you are when you play. You're intense and will try to figure out how to move items around your way. You love kicking and moving small objects around. You still love the outdoors tremendously and each time you're out and about on your pram, you'll be intensely looking around, somewhat trying to breathe and take in every single detail of your surrounding. Yet each time out eyes meet, you will break into your grins, which totally melt our hearts.
You eat well generally, and has the best appetite for dinner. I tried to break the habit of eating more for dinner and tried to feed you more for lunch and breakfast, but still, you seem most happy at dinner time. I figured that you're a true blue chinese, you just want your rice (now it comes in porridge or rice cereal form) for dinner. Without it, you day's not complete. Your 3rd tooth emerged this month, so you were a litttle fussy just before that, a trend I realise you'd go through each time a new tooth pops.
We've also started seriously training you to sleep through the night because the Ped said you're gaining weight and growing really well and should not be needing anymore night feeds. So this means, no feeding you after the last feed at about 8 and only next feed you after 6am in the morning. We had to migrate you to your room because each time you cry and I don't feed you, I felt like I was having a cold turkey. So daddy has been doing the hard work, going to your room to soothe you if you don't stop crying. It's been tough, tougher on some nights and we pray that you will learn to sleep through the night soon. You can do it, because you've already done it several times. Such days are like little milestones for us, encouraging us to press on, so that you (and us) rest better at night.
I used to feel guilty leaving you at Childcare, but just seeing how you've grown really warms my heart. I love to see you taking the initiative to reach out to other kids and start talking in your own lingo. Besides doing that, you also snatch their toys away, which we will soon need to teach you more on sharing and playing.
You laugh and love your days when both mummy and daddy are together with you. Sometimes you have a sort of separation anxiety with me and I cannot walk away and have my back to you. You've learnt how to whine and fuss when I walk away, which sometimes made it difficult. On one hand, I feel so super fortunate to be loved by you, but on the other hand drives me a little crazy especially when I have things to do.
I (we) love your company. The Sydney trip was a celebration for Mummy and daddy's 2 years' anniversary. Our lives and marriage is richer because we have you. I love you little buddy, so much that I don't really know how to express in words any more. Yet in practical, God is still teaching me how to do it better. Each month's entry to mark your growth sometimes is more like a milestone for me.
Keep growing, you're doing great.
Love,
Mummy

No comments: