Thursday, May 7, 2009

Major Adjustment!

I think I am suffering withdrawal symptoms from the departure of my dear mom. She was with us for almost 2 months and just left for Singapore last Saturday. I think she pampers me (us) so much la, though she used to ask me to help out with housework here and there when I was younger, nowadays she just does everything for me. I was spoiled with home cooked dinners when I come back from work, the house is cleaned, clothes washed. Everything was done nicely. She is always so cluey with things and so efficient too. I can come home with a whole bag of bottles, containers etc to be washed after Janice's day at child care, and just when I thought mom was busy with cooking dinner, i realise that not only dinner is cooked, pots washed, everything that needs to be washed are washed and sterilised. Food was delicious, I just had to mention what I felt like eating and it will be on the table. She looks after Janice to the details too, so much so, I felt a little overwhelmed.
Now the full load of working, baby caring, housework and ministry is back. Man, by the time i cleaned up and prepared Janice pureed food and did laundry, was already 11. Shan't bore you with details. But last night was like a nightmare of J crying many times and almost unable to be soothed. So now, I feel like a zombie, at work, with her with me.
It's major adjustment for me and oh! I still have to prepare for a little preaching session on Sunday. But His grace and strength is for me, let me learn to claim it and experience it!
I shall stop ranting and continue to work while Janice naps :)

No comments: