Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...

I received sober news from the child care this morning. The director called me into office and said that one of Janice's teacher was run down by a car while crossing the road, on the way to lunch yesterday. She didn't make it to the hospital. My mind went blank and my heart went out for her family, whom she is very closed to. She's a petite Asian lady who is very close to her kids. Flashes of her friendly demeanor, and how she cared for Janice since day one just kept coming back to me throughout the day. By the time I reached the office, my legs were jelly. My heart ache just thinking of her and what has happened.
I know I'll be one of the least affected. There's her family, the rest of the teachers whom she has been working closely with, and many people who are close. I pray for God's comfort, and His peace. I pray for opportunities where His love can be shared. I pray that we will not ask "why" but focus on the goodness of her life and thank God for the lives whom she has blessed tremendously. I'd miss her sunshine smiles each time I walk through the door, and remember how she once loved and cuddled Janice.

No comments: