Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Pillar of Strength

Kel is down with a pretty high fever. Poor thing, his usual 'gift' of hitting the pillows and falling asleep almost instantanously didn't seem to be existent when he needed it the most. All I heard and saw was him stirring and groaning every now and then, and each time when I whispered to him, he seems to be awake. Pray that he will get well soon.
What I realised over the past few hours, is how much he has been a pillar of strength to me all these while. So often I wallowed in my difficulties and he has been there to pick me up no matter how tired I know he is. I think this whole pregnancy hasn't been easy for him though I often saw it as me carrying the weight and he as a supporter. Never did I know that I have taken daily blessings for granted so often. Today happened to be a day where my leg kept cramping up and the nerve pains have been acting too. All these while, he will be there to massage and take over all that he can. Ever since the G.D. no matter how awfully bland my cooking tasted, just to suit my diet constraints now, he will insist how good the food tasted and how he is enjoying the healthy lifestyle. Each time my sugar level shoots up, he will be encouraging me that I am doing the right thing, and everyday reminding me to keep persevering. Its only been a few hours since he just practically knocked out, but I stood in the kitchen, cooking dinner, doing up the laundry, trying to prepare for shepherding, I realised how much I missed the support and saw how much I have taken his daily touch for granted!
Hope that he gets better soon, but I am glad he is forced into this opportunity to take the rest he deserves :)

No comments: