Friday, June 20, 2008

In the State of Readiness

We spoke a lot about having a new wine skin last weekend. God must be at our case here because after the UL getaway, we trooped back to service to find the preacher speaking about the same thing.
So I'm now looking forward to a season of stretching and enlarging AND learning to hear from Him to speak and guide us. We ain't sure what that encompasses, though we know if God speaks, it will be something that will be worthwhile. One thing I know God clearly spoke was to learn to be in a constant state of readiness. It was like a pinch upon my heart because I know how many times I said I was willing to Him but in the midst of the day to day grindings, I lose track, lose focus and lose motivation.
The state of readiness requires just so much drive from within and I must say this week has been a "slump". Fell sick from the start of the week and is now still recovering from a flu. Hormones, emotions were just flying haywire. I've got socks to pull. I learn too, to hang on to the simple recipe of readiness first, to Trust Him and may the daily matters be fully entrusted to Him as well.

No comments: