Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mr Wonderful

This title was inspired by a an article from ungrind and this entry is a continuation from the anniversary entry couple of days ago.

I have been tremendously blessed over the past year. Many people used to say the first year of marriage is a honeymoon time, but for many who have walked through will say it wasn't that of a honeymoon. Conflicts, working out differences, I think we were always asking in our hearts why we behaved/thought/spoke the way we did. An sms from a trusted friend a day after the anniversary said, happy anniversary, you've survived. Yes we did survived, and in my opinion, it was tough but not that bad. The covenant of God made it more than possible and the best part of marriage is that we know we will work it out; an exit is not even an option. It's not the same as compared to times in courtship. Though then, we had common understanding that we will try our best to allow God to work through this relationship to marriage, there were still questions and sometimes doubt if things would work out.

The past year has assured me of this "Mr Wonderful" that God has blessed me with. Though Kel may not be the perfect person, the flaws he has shows me the depth of his love just because he was so willing to grow and overcome. I am far from perfect too, some ingredients of marriage I used to take pride in (cooking, cleaning, giving, understanding, loving) fell flat in the presence of pride and many other weaknesses. I am guilty of the many times I made him stay up late in bed to "work things through" because I was too prideful to let things go.

Of course there was the tremendous joy that outweighs. I enjoyed every laughters we shared even in the silliest jokes. (I may not always get his jokes) And there is that increasing agreement where we would just have to look at each others' expression and we understood. There is also countless times when we were the resounding boards of one another especially in areas of ministry.

I am glad that God has led me to wait. Though I once had an ideal age of 25 to get married, it was clear then that I wasn't ready. It was so tempting earlier in the years to go "trying out" in relationship, God has shown me it was worthwhile a wait.

So, all in all, its been a great 1 year. We've both matured more in the way we handle one another and challenges. I am sure God will bring about more situations and areas we can both grow more in. We embark into our 2nd year, with more anticipation of what God's gonna do. We have a whole big family of people to impact and grow we are still asking God to help us synergise more. We have an additional member awaiting to be part of it all.



No comments: