Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A random update!

It has been a long gap since I(we) last updated our site. I just found out that quite a number of friends back in Singapore actually do read our blog! So I shall make it a point more to update as often as I can, although frankly speaking, I enjoy reading (Haha stalking) others' blogs more than writing. Perhaps the flare of writing really isn't part of me :)
This entry is probably a good time for me to really learn to take stock of my life more and pen down what has been happening.
Fruitful past two months it has been. I mean literally! Besides busy with the Student Orientation and Oceania Convention, we found out that I was pregnant somewhere mid February! Its a brand new experience for me to cope with ministry and work, at the same time struggling with nauseas and throwing up! I have never felt helplessly tired before. Roller Coaster it has been as well with hiccups here and there with Doctor checks and ultra sound, but all in all, Thank God that He is faithful to have seen us through thus far. It's yet another learning curve to practically trust God daily and learning to rest in Him no matter what situations or uncertainties are placed before us. I think i was really tested in my area of security again especially when many things I used to be able to do just seem to crumble and things start falling through the gaps when my flesh is just so weak. Even at this point in time, I am still adjusting to the physiological changes and preparing myself emotionally and spiritually at the same time. But Thank God for Kel who has been patient and loving to put up with my nonsense. I think many a times guys really rise up through responsibilities and I think in this, i will agree seeing how Kel has grown over the year as more responsibilities not just in the household but in ministry and work too. Looking at the amount of responsibilities and the expectations that is upon him as the guy added on (more to come as a dad) to him, I may have shrivelled! Ok maybe a little exaggerated here, but you know what I mean.
We just had a ball of our time with a 9 days trip in Singapore. The main purpose was to attend Hon Kit and Sharon's (Kel's cousin) wedding. But we had such a great time with our family and friends too. I am still recovering from the 'aftermath' of Singapore trips, when I'll miss home and my mom so much! Such an irony that i am actually going to be a mom myself. I felt so inadequate this morning as I thought through the amount of love and sacrifice my own mom has made for me and the family and I fear of my capabilities to love and embrace. So much to trust God in through this phase to be reminded He is the source of love and being filled by His love enables me to overflow with it too!
Now this sounds more like some baby entry and random thoughts. But do pray for us and baby too. For safety, for growth, for us in preparation and also that we can continue to serve Him to our maximum!

No comments: