Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Am I Loving God & His People?

"Have I loved God enough"? This questions constantly rings in my head. Times when I have to make decisions and times when I reflected how I spent my time. And it is really easy to answer that question. In the bible, Jesus mentioned that the greatest commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul. And the second is this, love your neighbour as yourself.

Is it about how much doctrine I know or how much I can identify preachers who in the heat of passion mentions unclear doctrines? Or is it how much I am willing to serve Him, love Him, desire Him and LOVE HIS PEOPLE? In my normal trend of thought, the latter would sound more 'doctrinally' sound to me. We can serve yet not love, but I don't want my life to be just a sounding 'GONG'. I want my life to be in the will of God, fulfilling that of which God has created me to accomplish.

I need to step out of that zone of 'loving' God with words, I need to start LOVING God with my actions as well. How can one be contented acting spiritual? Is that enough? If the love of God is within us, shouldn't we be able to love others more readily? Jesus DIED for the people, He forgave them because they know not what they did and He discipled those who were desiring to learn.

A Christian would too have such reflections upon their lives, let us all who label ourselves Christians live like CHRIST did.

"God teach me to LOVE and not tear down, to Give and not wait to receive and to serve and not to be served." Amen.

No comments: