Thursday, August 16, 2007

You gave me a promise


Playwright Thornton Wilder said this,"I didn't marry you because you were perfect. I didn't even marry you because I loved you. I married you because you gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults. And the promise made up for your faults. And the promise I gave you made up for mine. Two imperfect people got married and it was the promise that made the marriage. And when our children were growing up, it wasn't a house that protected them; and it wasn't our love that protected them---it was that promise."


I came across this on Vic's Blog and it's such a good reminder for me. 3 Months into married life has it's ups and downs. But it made me all the more glad of God in the centre of our lives. Imperfections and faults all the more gave us opportunity to mature. The tests of love were held on by the promise and most of all the covenant established between us and God.

Because of this, we're ready for tomorrow.

No comments: